To help our clients with this requirement, we have partnered with Comodo, a leading supplier of digital security, identity and trust assurance services, to provide our clients with their own Digital Certificates. This important service is delivered to our clients at no additional cost.
To learn how our clients may obtain a code signing certificate see the detailed instructions below. For more information or queries contact us at: email@example.com.
Request for Code Signing Certificate
The following must be verified before issuance of a Code Signing Certificate:
- The legal existence of the organization or individual named in the Organization field of the Code Signing Certificate.
- The email to which the code signing certificate is to be sent must be ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘, where domain.com is owned by the organization named in the Code Signing Certificate.
- A phone call must be made to a verified telephone number for the organization or individual named in the code signing certificate in order to verify that the person placing the order is an authorized representative of the organization.
If applying as an organization, you will have to provide Comodo with two of the following documents:
- Articles of Incorporation (with address);
- Government Issued Business License (with address);
- Copy of a recent company bank statement (you may blacken out the Account Number);
- Copy of a recent company phone bill;
- Copy of a recent major utility bill of the company (i.e. power bill, water bill, etc.) or current lease agreement for the company;
- DUNS details (e.g. your Dun & Bradstreet company number).
Getting a DUNS number is free at the Dunn & Bradstreet website (http://www.dnb.com/). They have a number of paid services but their free level of registration is all you need to get a DUNS number.
If applying as an individual, you will have to provide Comodo with:
- A government issued photo ID (Passport, driver’s license) AND if the address on photo ID matches order info, THEN one of the following (if not, then two of the following):
- Major utility bill
- Bank statement
- Government issued documents such as business license, tax documents, etc.
Please note that the address on each of the aforementioned documents MUST match the address in your order information and Domains’ Whois Info.